Wednesday, February 11, 2009

step into the unknown

So I have decided this might be a better use of my time instead of facebook. I try to have something I do for myself that lets me get away when my littlest boy takes a nap. I am not an enlish major by any means so misspellings and runons will be present in this blog. I want to let other wives know they are not alone when it comes to putting up with a hunter. So far this year my husband has been hunting numerous times for geese. We actually spent New Years Eve at his parents cabin in Toronto, Kansas so he could get a deer. In February, he went on a hog hunt paid for by his work and then next weekend will be gone again to go hog hunting with friends. My mother in law had some good wisdom though about why it is good to marry a hunter. She said, " You know their hunting buddies and you know they are out hunting because they bring their prizes back. You don't have to worry that they are going out at night with their buddies galavanting in bars." So that will be my very first blog post. Hope that wisdom reaches and gets some hunting wives thanking god they married a hunter.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you started blogging! I promise to read yours. I know that moving away from friends is not easy- but that means you will have to come and visit! Who knows-we might even get to go you know where and relive our honeymoons!

    Matt will be going hog hunting in a week. Another good reason to be married to a hunter- wild boar ribs that he makes with his secret recipe!!! yummmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I found this blog. I have been dating a hunter for almost 3 years now. I know I can't change him but any idea on how to get him to marry me?? If I give him space, he just hunts more! Any ideas??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this blog and have a question. I just broke up with a hunter b/c he spent too much time and energy on it and fishing. He would go two to three weekends a month, starting Friday afternoon and would not get back until Sunday night. During the week, he would spend time getting ready for the next trip. He said that is the way he is and he is not going to change for any woman. Well, I tried to put up with it. It just hurt me though. I will never understand why the hunt was so much more important than creating a life together. He has a child with another woman who tried to make him stop hunting to be with her and the child, so he dumped her. He will see his child a few days a week, only if there is no hunting trip scheduled. Is this normal? I find it terrible selfish, but need to know b/c I've never been exposed to this lifestyle before.

    ReplyDelete